Milady Medical Spa Brooklyn NY
1616 Voorhies Ave Suite B Brooklyn, NY 11235
1 treatment $250
Prices do not include gratuities, sales taxes and fees.
Producing beautiful results in treating mild to severe acne, discoloration, moderate wrinkling, and sun damage
- Safe for all skin types
- Smoothes and rejuvenates skin
Facial peeling occurs approximately 3-4 days following the application.
This procedure has a short recovery time of about 5-7 days.
Jessner's Peels can provide improved skin appearance with a short recovery time.
This procedure can restore cholasma/melasma-"stained", sun-damaged, wrinkled, blemished, acne scarred or blotchy skin to its original youthful appearance.
The results are normally a smoother more even toned textured skin.
The skin will look younger, tighter and "fresher" than before although it cannot remove all facial flaws.
Deeper lines, wrinkles and other flaws may require additional treatments or techniques.
If you are interested in this skin rejuvenation procedure, schedule a consultation to determine if you are a candidate for this process, and learn more about treatment options, possible risks and complications associated with these procedures.
For the above peels, do NOT pick or pull at the flaking or peeling skin. Also moisturizing will lessen the benefits of the peel.
After 48 hours you may moisturize your skin in accordance with your after care program.
- Easily controls acne breakouts and decreases the amount of redness associated with pimples
- Lactic Acid is a Alpha Hydroxy Acid like glycolic acid, having Excellent skin texture improvement capabilities
- Lactic Acid is well known to eliminate germs, toxins, and dead cells, as well as regulating the skins pH levels
- Salicylic Acid is great for deep-cleaning follicles beneath the skin, killing the bacteria, and promoting exfoliation
- Resorcinol external use is a disinfectant used to treat acne, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, corns, calluses, warts, and many other skin conditions
- Jessner's peel significantly improves damaged skin caused by the sun or other UV light damage as well
- This peel also Brightens and illuminates the skin almost instantly after the peel process
- Significantly increases the absorption of lotions, treatments, and other cosmetic products used on a regular basis
Jessner's Peel is a medium to high strength peel which consists of multiple peeling agents. These agents penetrate deeper into the skin and result in greater exfoliation of the outer skin layers.
This peel is designed for more extensive damage than AHA's can improve. It is made from salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid), lactic acid (an alpha hydroxy acid) and resorcinol.
Your skin technician will apply a glycolic cleanser over your face to fully remove the oils and horny layer so that your Jessner's solution will penetrate properly.
Then she will apply the Jessner's solution to your face, it will then burn slightly (although this uncomfortable sensation can be relieved by a fan blowing cool air on your treatment area). you may have several layers applied depending.
You may develop a whitened look, known as "frosting" that will dissipate within a few hours.
Then your skin technician will neutralize the acid and remove your solution with cool water.
Your technician MAY apply a calming mask and you will be sent home.
Following the procedure, a slight burning sensation may be noticed.
Your skin will develop a red sunburn appearance 2-3 days after the application.
BENEFITS OF JESSNER'S CHEMICAL PEEL
- The TRIO combination provides a wide range of benefits from high quality materials which contain Resorcinol, Salicylic Acid, and Lactic Acid
- This is a medium to high-depth peel which sheds off multiple layers instantaneously, resulting in a smoother texture and healthier looking appearance
- Salicylic acid is the active ingredient in almost all acne products including cleansers, preventions, and acne control
- It also significantly enhances new skin cell production, promoting collagen formation, and creating a healthy glow on the surface of your skin
- Reduces the appearance of light to medium type scars especially scars caused by acne
- Great for white spots, freckles, fine lines, lip creases, dark spots, dull worn skin and much more
Important Contraindications of Chemical Peels
You should not have a chemical peel if you will continue to have excessive sun exposure. Active Herpes Simplex, Warts, history of Keloidal scarring (excessive ropey scarring where the collagen "grows" outside of the incision or cut area, Any type of recent facial surgical procedures. You should not have a chemical peel if you've used Accutane in the last year (which increases your chances of excessive scarring) or on an active high does B5 suppliment.
If you are Pregnant or Lactating (although simple, superficial fruit acids may be acceptable, ask your physician).
If you have any auto immune diseases, have had any recent radioactive or Chemotherapy treatments - have sunburn, windburn or broken skin or have recently waxed or have recently used a depilatory such as "Nair®" or use "Vaniqua®". Risks & Complications of Chemical Peels
If you have oral herpes. You MUST gain the approval of your primary physician and seek a prescription for oral acyclovir - one brand name is Zovirax®. This is very important! Zovirax® can significantly decrease your chances of a break out. If you have a break out during your healing period, it can spread to your entire face and result in severe and permanent scarring.
Milady Medical Brooklyn NYC SPA
1616 Voorhies Ave Suite B Brooklyn, NY 11235